10 Dumbest Excuses For Trying to Get Out of Work
We've all done it -- tried to get out of work with some lame excuse.
A new survey asked bosses to name the dumbest excuses that employees have given trying to get out of work. If these are the best lies people can come up with, then we need to learn to be a little more creative!
10) "I dyed my hair the wrong color."
9) "My dog is scared and I don't want to leave him."
8) "I drank too much and fell asleep on someone's floor, but I don't know where I am."
7) "I'm taking a bath and my toe is caught in the faucet."
6) "My pants split on the way to work."
5) "The dog ate my shoes."
4) "I hurt myself during sex."
3) "I'm stuck in the house because the door is broken."
2) "My girlfriend bit me in a 'sensitive' place."
1) "My mom just died" . . . from an employee who'd used that excuse once before.
Turrible! These are just turrible!