10 Steps to a Perfect Night’s Sleep
As someone who wakes up in the middle of the night to go to work, a good night's sleep is something I'm always reaching for.
And by a simple scroll of my Facebook timeline, a lot of you seem to suffer from lack of sleep too!
About 2,000 people were recently polled by a bunch of experts to find out what it takes for the average person to get the perfect night's sleep.
From that comes these 10 steps in helping you get the best night's sleep.
- A clean bedroom. You'll sleep better if there's less clutter.
- Put on some fresh sheets. Ahhh.
- Set your thermostat to 61 degrees. Seems pretty cold (and expensive) but that's the temperature the average person says they sleep the best in.
- Don't sleep naked. Most people find that they crash better in pajamas, or a shirt and underwear.
- Make sure the room is totally dark. No lights or TV, nothing.
- Get in bed by 10:39pm. Obviously that won't work for everyone. But the point is you should give yourself enough time to fall asleep and still get seven to eight hours.
- Stop using your phone 37 minutes before you close your little eyes.
- Read a few pages of a book...an actual book. Don't use your phone or iPad because the light can trick your brain into thinking it's daytime.
- Sleep on your right side with your legs curled up.
- If you have someone sleeping in the same bed with you, don't spoon them. Most people said they sleep better alone.