5 Great Places To Visit In Louisiana During Christmas Time
It's Christmas time in Louisiana, and within just a few hours drive, there are some amazing sites to make a little Christmas road trip. From mountains of lights, to huge bonfires, there's some Christmas magic happening in Louisiana any day of the week.
Below are a few great places to check out. If you're looking for some more inspiration, head over to onlyinyourstate.com
1) Festival Of The Bonfires - The Festival Of The Bonfires is happening this weekend in Gramercy and Lutcher, La. For more info, head over to www.festivalofthebonfires.org
2) Minden Christmas Lights - Minden, La turns into a Christmas light lover's dreamland at Christmas time. Thousands of lights and many events that happen in December. To check it all out, head over to louisianatravel.com.
3) Natchitoches Christmas Lights - Historical Natchitoches, La pulls out all of the stops for Christmas each year. Boat parades, Christmas lights as far as you can see, you name it, if it's Christmas related, you'll find it here. For more info, click on over to www.natchitocheschristmas.com
4) Lighting Of The Village - The official pulling of the switch has already happened, buy you can still check out the lights nightly at Le Vieux Village located at 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. For more information contact Opelousas Tourism at (337) 948-5227
5) Celebration In The Oaks - New Orleans City Park is one of the most spectacular holiday lights festivals in the country, with more than 165,000 visitors pouring into the park each year. Get more info at www.neworleanscitypark.com