5 Random Facts About Easter Candy
Easter Sunday is tomorrow and there are probably many of us that are still rounding up goodies for our children's Easter baskets.
Of course, the main thing in most of these baskets will be candy. And boy us Americans will buy and consume a lot of candy.
Americans are expected to spend around $2.4 billion just on candy! With that in mind, here are five random facts about Easter candy.
- Easter is the second-biggest candy holiday of the year. Halloween is, of course, first.
- 87% of parents will buy or make an Easter basket for their kids. And 81% of them will steal candy from their kid's stash.
- 89% of people believe the proper way to eat a chocolate bunny is the ears first. 5% like to eat the feet first while 4% go for the tail.
- More than 1.5 billion Peeps are consumed each year. And there are actually 35 different flavors of Peeps available each Easter season.
- Americans eat more than 16 million jelly beans during Easter. That's enough jelly beans to circle the earth three times.