7 Signs That Seasons are Changing and Fall is Upon Us
The one thing I think is funniest about living in South Louisiana is that, even though we have four seasons, there’s really only two temperatures. It’s either really hot or just cold.
However, we do experience changes as usual. I must say, and I am sure it is the same for many of you, that Fall is my favorite season of all. Our temperature drops just enough to put any grouch in a better mood. With the official day of Fall being tomorrow (holy cow!), I thought I would reminisce on the best parts of the season change.
- Hearing the fallen leaves blow across the drive way. Just the breeze itself is enough.
- The home decorations on your neighbors’ houses begin to change.
- The sun may shine through your window in the mornings, but when you walk outside, you don’t immediately feel like jumping into an ice bath.
- It’s almost as if you can smell a change in the air.
- Everyone starts talking about Halloween festivities.
- When you get in your car in the morning, it doesn’t feel like a sauna.
- Last but not least, Pumpkin Spice everything!
Y’all know I had to throw that pumpkin spice in there! I can’t lie, I love a good pumpkin spice latte. I am also a big candle person and my favorite scents are those of Fall.
Another fun part of this season change is that all of the young ones in school know that their breaks are coming up including Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Fall for me means bonfires and hoodies. I love any kind of get together with friends and family, but my favorite is sitting around the fire…or the television because it’s football season!
Speaking of football…