7 Things Men Wish Women Would Do on Dates
Alright ladies, listen up. As old fashioned as some of us might be, times have changed. Dating just isn't what it used to be, but neither are we.
There will always be something that we wish men would do for us on dates, but that doesn't mean we have the all clear. Just as we like to expect from men, there are a few common things men wish we would do on dates. They include:
- First and foremost, don't talk about your ex, especially in a negative way.
- It may give him the impression that you aren't over them or that you are comparing.
- If the conversation seems dull or slow at first, cut the man some slack.
- He's a dude. They aren't always as open as we are. If there is a second date, it should be a lot smoother.
- Touch his hand or arm and let him know that you are into him.
- I'm not talking full fledged PDA, but it is a very sweet gesture that says a lot.
- If he is divorced, don't talk about it or try to bring it up.
- Just like not talking about your ex, the past is the past. He is on a date with you, not his ex. That time is for the two of you. However, by date three, it is okay to ask.
- He will most likely refuse, but offer to pay when the check arrives.
- It is a simple gesture that shows him that you at least interested in him enough to treat him to a meal.
- At the end of the date, make sure you have established whether there will be a handshake, a hug, or a kiss.
- Be the first to make a move on this. It will show him that you know where you want things to go. And how awkward would it be if he thinks he is getting a kiss and all you do is stick your hand out...
- If he calls you after the date, and you are interested in pursuing him, you simply have to answer.
- That phone call means he is really interested in you and in seeing where things go.
We all have our own bad habits that we have to remember to kick off. Dating isn't always the easiest thing in the world to get through, but it can be so very worth it. I know that we recently checked out a few things women wish men would do on dates, so I thought it was only fair if we turned the tables.
Ladies, what do you think about these ideas? Fellas, are these accurate in your opinion?
This has been another class in Relationships 101 with Terryn (Warning: I may lead you in the wrong the direction...)