Bark In The Park
Tracy Wirtz wants you to know all about Bark In The Park:
All proceeds are directed to Lafayette Animal Aid’s mission: to rescue dogs and cats and provide them with medical care and shelter until a loving adoptive home can be found for them. Lafayette Animal Aid is a no-kill shelter. This is a great event to bring the entire family, including your dogs.
Other animal vendors/rescue groups will be there. And you’ll be able to buy hot dogs, hamburgers, snacks, ice cream, snow cones and beverages.
Our events this year include:
• Doggie contests such as “Best Costume”, “Most Talented”, and “Best Tail Wagger”.
• An agility course for anyone who thinks their dog might have “potential” towards agility, or just to have fun on the course. A trainer will be present.
• Face painting
• Doggie and family photos
• A cake walk
• A fun jump and games for the kids
• Micro-chipping, available at a discount
• Application for low-cost spay/neuter certificate
• A pet ID tag machine
• A Royalty Raffle sponsored by Krewe des Chien for the 2012 Mardi Gras Dog Parade. For more information, please visit their website.
• The director of LSART, Dr. Renee Poirier, will be present. LSART (Louisiana State Animal Response Team) was formed after Hurricane Katrina to address the pets that were not able to be evacuated.
Lafayette Animal Aid will have an information booth where you can learn how to get involved – from volunteering to donating. Admittance to Bark in the Park is free. Food, beverages, and game booths will require tickets that are 50 cents each. We will also have on-going raffle drawings throughout the day. Raffle tickets are $1 each and will be available at the event or they can be purchased now by calling the shelter at 896-1553.