Best Gulf Coast Beaches to Visit
If you are like me, you are looking to book a beach vacation whenever possible. Here in the south we are blessed with pretty good weather almost year round, and like many Acadiana residents, I head to the beach whenever I can.
Fortunately for us, we are close to many beautiful beaches on the Gulf Coast. The folks at Flip Key at Trip Advisor have come up with the perfect locations for you to to plan your next getaway! Check out their list of Best Gulf Coast Beaches below, and let us know which one your family is most excited about visiting.
- Gulf Shores, Alabama – six miles and soft, sugary-white sands on the Fort Morgan peninsula
- Destin, Florida – My own personal favorite, and a short 6 hour drive from Lafayette
- Siesta Key, Florida – part of the barrier island’s 35 miles of coastline, along with Turtle Beach and Crescent Beach
- West Ship Island, Mississippi – Part of Gulf Shores National Seashore
- Galveston Island, Texas – Close to Houston, with 32 miles of sandy beaches and lots of local flavor
- South Padre Island, Texas – a haven for spring breakers for decades
- Marco Island, Florida – one of the largest of Florida’s ‘Ten Thousand Islands’
- St George Island, Florida – between the Gulf of Mexico and the Apalachicola Bay
- Orange Beach, Alabama – bordering Florida’s Perdido Key along the Emerald Coast
- Panama City Beach, Florida – just a short 40 minute jaunt from Destin, along the Florida Panhandle