Cook The Perfect Steak For Your Valentine
Valentine's Day is right around the corner! Have you been thinking about what you are going to get or do for your sweetheart? Whether your lover is a male or female, everyone loves a good steak. Cook the perfect steak dinner for you Valentine this year.
Cooking a great steak is normally something that takes several times to perfect. However, it does not have to be as hard as people think. You just need to know a few, very important steps. A great steak requires a hot skillet, hot oven, and a beautiful cut of beef. Here is what you need to do:
- Choose your favorite cut of beef: filet, ribeye, sirloin, etc. My ideal choice for Valentine's Day would definitely be a filet mignon. Yes, it is expensive, but so tender and delicious. Since it does not have as much as fat as other cuts of beef, it is extremely important to not overcook and dry the meat out.
- You will need kosher salt (sea salt), freshly ground black pepper, canola oil, vegetable oil, and butter. Canola oil has a high smoke point, which is great for searing the steak. NEVER use olive oil.
- A 12-inch cast iron skillet or oven-proof, stainless steel skillet, tongs, meat thermometer, cutting board, and a sharp kitchen knife are also required.
- You need to season your meat 30-45 minutes prior to cooking. This helps intensify the meat's flavors. Take the meat out of the fridge and pat it dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Brush the steak lightly with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper on all sides. (Set oven temp to 400 degrees.)
- Add 2 Tbsp canola oil to the skillet and set over high heat. Once very hot, use the tongs to place the steak into the pan and sear evenly on all sides for about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 Tbsp of butter on top of the steak and place the entire skillet into the hot oven. Cook the steak in the oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 125 for medium rare. Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes once finished cooking. Serve and enjoy with a glass of wine!
Your valentine will absolutely love that you took the time to prepare dinner. There is nothing more romantic than a homemade dinner accompanied by a lovely glass of wine. Happy V-Day, y'all!