Entergy’s Hot Weather Tips To Help You Save Money This Summer
Summer has officially begun! And, in South Louisiana, the heat can hit hard. So, we want to address what you can do to enact some energy-saving tips at your home, to help lower your energy usage and save money on your electricity bill.
Entergy points out many cost-saving tips:
- Setting your thermostat to 78 or the highest comfortable temperature. Each degree cooler than 78 can increase your bill by as much as 3 percent.
- Keeping the cool air in your home circulating with ceiling, oscillating or box fans. The average ceiling fan makes a room feel 7 degrees cooler.
- Using kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans to remove excess heat and humidity caused by cooking, laundering and bathing.
- Avoiding using the stove if possible and grilling outside instead.
- Making plans to use dishwashers, washing machines and dryers – which add heat and moisture to your home – during the coolest part of the day.
- Not blocking air vents with curtains, shades or furniture.
- Turning off unnecessary lights during hot weather and consider switching to cooler, energy-efficient fluorescent bulbs where light is needed.
“By following these hot weather tips and lowering energy usage, customers can save money and stay cool,” said Melonie Stewart, customer service director for Entergy New Orleans.
In addition to all of these energy-saving tips, you can also check out videos online that demonstrate all kinds of other ways to save money. “The videos demonstrate installing a programmable thermostat, caulking windows and doors, changing air filters and installing insulation, among others,” says Stewart.
For Entergy customers, they can also manage their energy accounts by signing up for level billing. Level billing takes the surprise out of monthly energy bills by averaging 12 months of previous usage. To evaluate what bill payment options are best for you, Entergy Louisiana customers can visit Entergy's website.
To listen to an interview on all of this between Brandon Comeaux and Anthony "Chip" Arnould, Regional Customer Service Manager for Entergy Gulf States La, LLC, CLICK BELOW: