Fun, St. Patrick Day Facts to Share Over a Beer
One of my favorite times of the year is here- St. Patrick’s Day! My dad’s side of the family descended from Ireland, so St. Patty’s Day is kind of a big deal. I came across some fun, interesting facts about the Irish holiday that I did not know, and want to share with y’all. Oh, and I better be seeing y’all this Saturday for Patty in the Parc.
Some cool facts I found on Discovery about the Irish holiday:
- St. Patrick’s Day is as big as Christmas or Easter in Ireland.
- The very first St. Patrick’s Day Parade was not in Ireland, but in Boston in 1737.
- The largest St. Patty’s Day parade in the U.S. is in New York City. It brings in more than one million spectators each year!
- The city of Chicago really gets in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit by dying their river green.
- Green is the prime color of the holiday because it represents spring, Ireland, and shamrocks.
Hope you enjoyed! Now, go share these facts with others over a nice Irish beer.