Guy Runs Into a Burning House to Rescue His Beer
A house fire broke out in Columbus, Georgia on Thursday while six adults and two kids were inside watching TV. Luckily, all of them made it out safely, including a fella by the name of Walter Serpit.
But shortly after making it out safely, Walter decided he had to go back in to make a brave rescue. Was it valuable family heirlooms or pictures or the beloved family pet?
Nah, it was his beer!
A few moments after entering the burning home, Walter emerged carrying several cans of Bud Light that he “rescued” from the refrigerator.
Oh, did we mention that Walter is disabled and walks with a cane?
He had a good reason for going back into the blaze. He explained it to local TV station WTVM: “Being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out.”
In the end, no one was injured. The fire is being blamed on a faulty water heater.