Halloween Events In Lafayette and Baton Rouge 2013
Every Halloween, people make their way out of their safe environments and prepare to be scared out of their minds. It’s a time of fun and fright, from grown ups to the little ones, dressing up and trick-or treating is an exciting annual event, and Lafayette has some great events to celebrate the season of screaming. Plus, there’s an incredible venue to frighten the bravest souls in Baton Rouge. Check out the best Halloween events Lafayette and Baton Rouge have to offer this year.
(433 Jefferson Street Lafayette, LA 70501)
- Located at Lafayette Science Museum
- For adults who aren’t scared
- Brand new theme, and twice as long as previous years
- Opens first two Saturdays, and last three Fridays and Saturdays in October from 7-11 pm
- Very intense exhibit so if you think you can handle the frightening ghosts & goblins go right ahead!
- Admission $8 ($6 with McDonald’s of Acadiana MOF coupon in which one is given with each purchase)
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult, because, you know, its scary.
(201 East Congress Street Lafayette, LA 70501)
- Located at Children’s Museum of Acadiana
- Storytelling for the kids
- Classic scary stories with a twist
- Exhibits are decorated in true Halloween fashion
- Open 18th, 19th, 25th, and 26th of October beginning at 5
- Admission is $9, but if you are in full (family friendly) costume, you can save $1
(202 Optimist Road, Lafayette, LA 70507)
- Oct. 28th-31st; 6pm-10pm
- Admission: Free for 18 and under; Adults $5, Hayride $3
- Haunted Hayride
- Costume Contests (7pm)
- Safe Trick or Treating
- Activities for the whole family
- All proceeds support Lafayette Optimist Club and the youth of Acadiana
(832 Phillip Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802)
- Ultimate Haunted House!
- Opens September 27th
- Journey through 13 very frightening themed indoor & (weather-permitting) outdoor areas where your worst nightmares come true and anything can happen.
- New this year is Necropolis 13, a New Orleans style graveyard
- $5 off of combo tickets (13th Gate & Necropolis 13) when you bring in empty blue or green Monster Energy can from Shop Rite and Monster Energy Drinks
- Tap in to your inner zombie!
- October 26th, 5 pm, downtown Lafayette at Lee and Jefferson
- Walk ends at the Parc where there will be music and entertainment provided by our sister station, Planet Radio 105.1
- Either join in the fun or have the pants scared off of you (hold on tight tight!)
- Free to walk along
- Costume contest at 7
- Grand prize: privilege to ‘haunted visitors from within the Museum of Fear‘s cemetery’