How Many Miles Can Your Car Drive on Empty?
There is nothing more stressful than being on the interstate, or out in the middle of nowhere when your ‘low fuel’ light comes on in the car. It’s happened to all of us. But do you know how many actual miles you have left to drive before the car runs out of gas? It’s a tricky situation, but the folks at Your Mechanic have put together a handy chart of the Top 50 cars, how many miles you can drive, and how much gas is left when that happens. This is so awesome!
I’m going to show some of the models listed below, but be sure and check out the rest of the chart if yours isn’t on there. Drive safe, friends!
- Nissan Rogue – 3 gallons – 78-99 miles
- Ford Explorer – 1/16th of a tank – 35-80 miles
- Chevrolet Malibu – 2 gallons – 50-72 miles
- Toyota Prius – 1.6 gallons – 76-81 miles
- Chevrolet Traverse – 2.5 gallons – 42-60 miles
- Subaru Outback – 2.6 gallons – 65-85 miles
- Honda Pilot – 2.5 gallons – 45-62 miles
- Jeep Grand Cherokee – 3 gallons – 66-90 miles
- Volkswagen Jetta -1.85 gallons – 57-85 miles
- Ford Mustang – 1/16th of a tank – 35-80 miles