Lemon – The Miracle Fruit
Bruce and I had a discussion yesterday on the morning show involving me drinking lemon water every day, and how I believe it is beneficial to the body. Basically, he thought I was full of nonsense, but I proved to him that lemon is the new miracle fruit, and it is good for many reasons.
I’m not going to lie, sometimes I become too intrigued in the latest “health” trends, but I have never thought about doing any of the crazy fad diets or extreme cleanses. I believe being healthy involves being smart and safe about what your body consumes. So, obviously it is a given that Bruce thought I was just being ridiculous and over-the-top about my lemon water.
It is a true, known fact that drinking a glass of water every morning when you wake up revs up the metabolism and hydrates your cells. During the night, we easily become dehydrated without knowing it. The first beverage most of us have in the morning is the usual, morning cup of joe, but this should come after the H2O.
However, there is a new kid in town and her name is lemon. She is powerful, flavorful, and good for your body. With a little research, I discovered everything I really needed to know about lemon to prove Bruce and other doubters wrong. Here are 5 natural benefits of lemon that will make you say “say whaaat?”:
- Lemons help abolish acne. The citric acid in lemons are effective in treating acne. Drinking lemon water every morning will do wonders for your skin, but you can also apply a small amount of lemon juice onto a cotton ball and gently dab it onto acne and leave overnight. Wash off with warm water the following morning.
- Lemons act as a stress reliever. Why be prescribed to anxiety meds when lemon juice can be your natural calmer?! It is proven that lemons help reduce anxiousness, fatigue, nervousness, dizziness, and tension. Apparently there is such thing as lemon oil, and when inhaled it can increase alertness and concentration.
- Lemon boosts the immune system. This super fruit contains a high amount of vitamin C; therefore, when you feel a cold or fever coming on, drink freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon in a glass of lukewarm water every couple hours.
- Lemons fight bad breath. One thing we can all agree on is that bad breath is never cool. To keep stank breath away, thoroughly rinse your mouth multiple times a day with freshly squeezed lemon juice in lukewarm water.
- Buh-bye belly aches. Lemons help reduce stomach pains. After each meal, drink a glass of warm lemon water. The strong, lemon acid will stimulate the production of stomach acid and the activity of stomach muscle which helps aid in digestion.