Man Seriously Injured When He Flushes His Toilet and It Explodes
Last week, 58-year-old Michel Pierre of Brooklyn, New York got a little too much bang for his buck...or from his toilet.
As Michel was flushing his toilet in his apartment, it exploded. So what happened?
It appeared that a plumber had screwed up while installing a new valve. It didn't properly release the built-up water pressure and boom the toilet went.
When the toilet exploded, Michel was hit with ceramic shrapnel and suffered deep cuts to his face, arms, and legs. He was rushed to the hospital and needed 30 stitches.
Good thing for him, he was standing and not sitting on it, which could've been a lot worse.
Michel now says he's afraid to flush toilets. He plans on flushing from a distance now with a rope attached to the flush handle.
Can't say we blame him!