Miles Perret Games of Acadiana
Games Of Acadiana was the vision of family and friends of 8-year old Miles Perret, who lost his battle with cancer in 1996. The amazing success of the first GOA enabled Miles Perret Cancer Services to open less than a year later. This year’s Games of Acadiana will take place August 18th at the Cajundome.
The 2012 Games of Acadiana begins with Opening Ceremonies at 10:00am in the Cajundome. Survivors take a victory lap around the interior of the Cajundome while the crowd cheers. After the national anthem, a brief prayer and announcement of 2012 Honorees, the games begin!
Competitive games: Begin after Opening Ceremonies – 3:30pm
Non-competitive games: Begin after Opening Ceremonies – 4:00pm
Survivor Registration: 9:00am – 1:00pm
*Survivor Area: 10:00am – 4:00pm (rest area for survivors)
Bake Sale: 10:00am – runs out
*Survivors can check in from 9:00am – 1:00pm to receive a survivor t-shirt (sizes first come, first served). Survivors should be there by 9:45am to participate in short Survivor Walk during Opening Ceremonies.
And don’t forget to check out the new games for 2012 including:
- Booger Wars – Can you pick a good one? Find out in this bean bag team competition.
- Candy Land – Don’t miss this life-size version of your favorite whimsical adventure into the land of sweets.
- Door to the Future – Do you have the right key? Earn a chance to unlock the Our Lady of Lourdes Door to the Future to win iPods, Wii consoles, Kindles, and local gift cards.
- McChallenge – Push yourself to the extreme in this brand new coordination and fitness game.
- Tailgate Challenge – Get a jump start on football season with all your favorite tailgate games.