Showbiz Lost Five Really Cool People Over the Weekend
It was a rough weekend for celebrity deaths. There were a total of five that we got word of and then there was the sad news of David Cassidy hospitalized with organ failure.
Here is the list of those we lost over the weekend.
- Earle Hyman from "The Cosby Show" died on Friday at the age of 91. He played Grandpa Huxtable, the father of Bill Cosby's character. He was also the voice of Panthro on "Thundercats" back in the '80s.
- Ann Wedgeworth (shown above) from "Three's Company" passed away at 83. She played Lana Shields, an older, divorced woman who would flirt with Jack (played by John Ritter). She only appeared in nine episodes.
- Wendy Pepper from "Project Runway" died on Friday. She was a designer who finished third on the first season of the show and then had a brief run on the second season of "Project Runway All Stars". There's no official word on how she died.
- Don Pedro Colley from "The Dukes of Hazzard" died back on October 11th after a battle with cancer and that news just came out. He was 79. He played Sheriff "Big Ed" Little of Chickasaw County.
- Country music legend Mel Tillis died Sunday morning at the age of 85. Of course, we all know the "Coca Cola Cowboy" as a favorite of Classic Country Saturday Night. He is survived by his six children, including country singer Pam Tillis.