Six Dumbest Things People Have Done During Job Interviews
Fortunately, it's been a long time since I've been on a job interview. I'd like to think I would have some clue what to say and how to act.
Some people though, common sense leaves them at the threshold of the entrance door.
CareerBuilder surveyed more than 6,000 people across the country and asked them the dumbest thing they'd seen people do during a job interview. Here's the crême de la crême, the six best answers:
- One person reached under the table and put their hand on the interviewer's knee.
- Another person hugged the president of the company.
- One person said they quit their last job, at a bank, because they were always tempted to steal.
- A person paused in the middle of the interview to call their current boss and pretend to be sick to get out of work.
- A woman emptied the interviewer's entire candy dish into her pocket.
- And finally, one guy said he wouldn't take the job if it required waking up early or reading.