State Police And DOTD Roadway Prioritization Plan
Based on the latest weather information, the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development along with Louisiana State Police have a proactive roadway prioritization and detour plan for travel ling.
Their are several closures in Acadiana and around the state, and DOTD says they working to make sure the following roads will remain open for first responders:
- I-10 from the Mississippi Line State line to I-12 will remain open
- I-12 from Slidell to Airline Hwy will remain open
- US 61 to US 190 Mississippi Bridge will remain open
- US 190 from the Huey P. Long Bridge in Baton Rouge to Opelousas will remain open
- I-49 from Lafayette to Shreveport will remain open
- I-10 from Lafayette to Texas will remain open
- Baton Rouge to New Orleans US 61 will remain open
- I-55 from I-12 to Mississippi will remain open
- I-59 from I-12 to Mississippi will remain open
DOTD says in the event the above roads begin to ice over, the National Guard will be used to plow roadways in Lafayette and Hammond.
DOTD says they are also working to keep the following bridges open:
- Sunshine Bridge
- Old Bridge in BR
- Luling Bridge
- Huey P. Long Bridge in New Orleans
- The CCC Bridge in New Orleans
DOTD says there are several roadways that they expect to close portions of at some point today:
- DOTD expects to close the Interstate 10 Twin Span Bridge
- DOTD expects to close the Horace Wilkinson Bridge
- DOTD expects to close the Audubon Bridge
- DOTD expects to start closing portions of US 90 from Lafayette to New Orleans starting Wednesday.