The Bobby Hebert Drinking Game!
From 1pm-5pm Doc will be in here taking your requests followed by the Saints and Lions playoff coverage. At 5pm we begin the pregame from the New Orleans Saints radio network.
Basically, that means two hours of Bobby Hebert breaking down the big matchup. If you’ve ever listened to a Saints broadcast on the radio in the last few years, you know that Bobby can be a hoot to listen to.
His “Bobbyisms” also led to the invention of Bruce and I coming up with our Bobby Hebert Drinking Game. We’ve never really documented the rules to the game. We’ve been talking about it for a while. So, why not give you some guidelines in time for the big game on Saturday.
TAKE A SIP CATEGORY:
- “Yeah, but no Hokie” – used in response to a question by Hokie Gajan
- “Crucial” – so many things are important in the game to Bobby
- “Turnover battle” – yep, Mr. Hebert, we know we need to win this to be victorious in the game
- “Take a look at” – didn’t know we could do that through the radio
- “Jonaton Vilma” – or taking out the TH in anyone’s name
- “Undomakun Soo” – let’s enjoy how bad he butchers this guy’s name
- “Who Dat” – an easy one but this one will be flying out his mouth in the post game if we win
- “LSU” – any mentions of da Fightin’ Tigers
- Interrupts someone then says, “I don’t mean to interrupt.” (From a friend at saintsreport.com)
GET TO CHUGGIN’ IT CATEGORY:
- “Snot Bubble” – that’s what gets blown when the defense hits an offensive player hard
- Any caller asks how T-Bob’s latest injury is doing [although I'm not really sure he's hurt]
- Any Buddy D and/or wearing a dress reference
- Incomprehensible utterance – again, these usually come in the post game of a win
- BCS acronym explanation – what Bobby thinks it actually should stand for
- “Chris Ivory is a beast” – or any dreadlocked player for that matter
- “Here Kitty Kitty” – just like that pic that’s floating around the internet
- “Whatchoo Got?” – caller on the line, Bobby asks them this (another courtesy of our friends on SaintsReport.com)
Feel free to share your own Bobbyism. We’ll add to the list. But don’t submit too many. We want to be able to at least half way stand by kick-off!