Toledo Bend Tops Bassmaster’s ‘100 Best Bass Lakes’ List
For the second year in a row, and for the first time ever, Toledo Bend Reservoir has remained at the top of the Bassmaster's 100 Best Bass Lakes List. The list will be published in the July/August issue of Bassmaster Magazine, and will also be available online at Bassmaster.com.
Toledo Bend, which straddles Texas and Louisiana, is 185,000 acres, and was chosen by a blue ribbon panel of judges. It was initially nominated by 'state fisheries biologists, the 3,500-member B.A.S.S. Council and some of the 650,000 Facebook fans of B.A.S.S.'
Other Louisiana lakes that made the top 100 were Caddo Lake and Lake Bisteneau.
Tops in the Nation
1. Toledo Bend, Texas/Louisiana
2. Santee Cooper lakes, Marion and Moultrie, South Carolina
3. Clear Lake, California
4. Lake Erie, New York
5. Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, California
6. Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota
7. Lake Berryessa, California
8. Rodman Reservoir, Florida
9. Falcon Lake, Texas
10. Lake St. Clair, Michigan