Top 10 Excuses We Give Cops to Get Out of a Ticket
We've all had that heart-sinking feeling when we see blue lights in the rear view mirror. Usually after you catch your composure, you start thinking of ways to get out of the ticket.
A new survey asked drivers to list their favorite excuse for trying to get out of a ticket. We've listed the top 10 excuses below. (We don't know if any of these actually work though!)
- I couldn't see the sign telling me not to. (like a speed limit sign or no U-turn sign)
- I'm lost and don't know the roads around here.
- I didn't know it was broken. (like a broken brake light or turn signal)
- Everyone else was doing it.
- I'm having an emergency.
- I missed my turn or exit.
- I had to go to the bathroom.
- I didn't do anything dangerous.
- I was on my way to an emergency.
- My GPS told me to do it.
I once told an officer that my water broke. He somehow didn't buy it.