What’s So Special About 11-11-11?
As we all know today is November 11, 2011. Children in school will write 11-11-11 on their school tests and adults will sign and date any work forms.
Why do people consider number 11 a significant number? Why is everyone so interested in today’s date: 11-11-11?
Well, many historical events have occurred on ’11′ days. Some of the coincidences of the number 11 are a bit creepy, however, it is quite interesting.
People believe either some good will happen, something bad will happen, or nothing at all will happen. Here is a quick list of how the number 11 has impacted the way we think for decades:
- Number 11 is a popular lottery number. Blackjack and dice players love the number 11. Many people will make their straight to the nearest Casino today, so good luck!
- Everyone knows November 11 is Veterans Day. Veterans Day solutes the brave soldiers who risked their lives during World War I. The Treaty of Versailles was signed to end the war on June 38, 1919; however, fighting between the Allied nations and Germany ceased seven months earlier on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.
- One hundred years ago, November 11, 1911 something bizarre happened. The Great Blue Norther fell upon America. Within a ten minute span the temperatures dropped 40-50 degrees. Dust storms, thunderstorms, tornados and blizzards swept across America. Consequently, Three hundered deaths were reported.
- The attack on Twin Towers was 9/11. (9+1+1 = 11)
- After September 11, there are 111 days left to end the year.
- 119 is the area code for Iran/Iraq,
- The first plane to hit the Twin Towers was Flight 11.
- New York City has 11 letters.
- Afghanistan has 11 letters.
- The Pentagon= 11 letters.
What do you think? Does today have any significance to you or is it just another day in paradise?