Woman Passed Gas During Surgery, Sets Herself on Fire
Having surgery can be unnerving and there are plenty of reasons to be anxious. Here's a new one.
A woman in her 30s went in for an operation in Tokyo earlier this year and the surgeon had to use a laser on her cervix. But she passed gas during the operation it actually started a fire!
Apparently the laser came in contact with the gas and that's what sparked things. The flames spread to the cloth that was draped over her body and she ended up with burns on her waist and legs.
The incident happened back in April, but a panel of doctors just released a report about it last Friday.
It's unknown how bad the burns were and unfortunately there haven't been any updates on her condition.