You’ll Only Find These Things in Small Towns in the South
If you’ve ever lived in a small town in the south, then you will certainly be able to relate to these things. People know each other, they are nicer, and since you’re southern, kindness is a must. The people at Southern Living Magazine have reminded me of certain qualities and things that are always present if you live in a small town in the southern United States. Their list is below, and feel free to chime in with your own unique small town attributes. And just for the record, I am a proud small town southern girl!
- Main Street – there’s always one in every small town, and it pretty much has everything you need
- Football Fever – small town football on Friday night and Saturday afternoon is something the entire community supports, loves., and looks forward to
- Coffee shops, cafe’s, diners – the places where they know your name and your order before you walk in the door.
- Annual Festivals – these celebrations are crucial for the community, and usually everyone participates in one way or the other
- Minimal traffic – one trip through Baton Rouge, and you’ll see why this is such an incredible blessing!
- Everyone knows your name – and your mom and dad, cousins, aunts and uncles, and pets
- Church – everyone in town goes, and if you are missing, people definitely take notice
- See the Stars – no traffic, pollution, or obstructions to see the beautiful universe at night