Breaux Bridge Man Accused of Using COVID-19 as Excuse to Steal
Larry Isiah Gobert, Jr. of Breaux Bridge is behind bars after deputies with the Lafayette City Marshal's Office arrested him on Tuesday for numerous bench warrants issued by the 15th Judicial District Court, according to a press release from the Marshal's Office. He was also arrested on warrants issued by Lafayette City Court that were based on allegations that Gobert filled shopping carts and left the stores without paying, believing that because of the COVID-19 pandemic he would not be booked into jail.
Gobert is currently being held in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center without bond.
The following bench warrants are from the 15th Judicial District Court:
- Failure to Appear for Pre-trial for Simple Burglary of an Inhabited Dwelling
- Resisting Arrest by Flight
- Failure to Appear for Pre-trial for Theft Over $1,000 but Less Than $5,000
- Failure to Appear for Pre-trial for Attempted Theft and Theft Less Than $1,000
- Failure to Appear for Pre-trial for Theft Less Than $1,000 (4 Counts)
- Failure to Appear for Sentencing in Family Court
The following warrants were issued by Lafayette City Court:
- Theft $300 or Less
- Theft (3 Counts)
- Remaining After Forbidden