Lafayette Hazmat officials along with members of the Duson Volunteer Fire Department responded to Duson Elementary this morning after there was a question of whether or not there was a carbon monoxide leak in the cafeteria.

No students were in the cafeteria, and all the cafeteria workers were outside when the teams responded.

Firefighters examined four cafeteria workers who said they were experience symptoms that they thought might be related to exposure to carbon monoxide.

It was suggested that they seek medical attention as a precaution.

Hazmat officials eventually determined that a burner was malfunctioning.

Hazmat then had the equipment turned off, and LPSS employees will now deal with making sure the appliance is repaired or replaced.