Chitimacha Pow Wow This Weekend
The Chitimacha Tribe of Louisiana is holding its Chitimacha Pow Wow this weekend at Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel in Charenton.
Everyone is welcome to attend the event, which will feature Native American dance, music, food, and crafts. Doors to the pavilion at Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel open at 11 am. Some of the events and activities scheduled for Saturday, October 19, include:
- Ceremonial Gourd Dances: 12PM & 6PM
- Grand Procession of Dancers: 1PM & 7PM
- Competition Dancing
- Hand Drum Competition: 4PM
- Powwow Film Screening: 4:30PM
You will also be able to shop authentic American Indian arts and crafts as well as Native American-inspired items in the pavilion. The shops will be open at the following times:
- Friday, October 18: 2PM - 9PM
- Saturday, October 19: 9AM - 10PM
- Sunday, October 20: 9AM - 2PM
The event is open to the public and entry is $5 per person (kids under 5 get in free).
For more information, visit www.chitimacha.gov/events, email email@example.com, or call Chitimacha Cultural Department at (337) 923-9923.