Country Music Songs That Have Been Nominated For An Oscar [VIDEO]
We are looking forward to the 92nd annual Academy Awards this Sunday, February 9th, and despite all the controversy that seems to swirl around the ceremony every year, it's still going to be a whole lot of fun to watch.
Country music has been represented well over the years at the Oscars, and I thought I'd pass on some of my favorite nominated songs. The songs below have been up for an award in the 'Best Original Song' category. Only two of these have ever won, and that was 'The Weary Kind', by Ryan Bingham in 2009 from 'Crazy Heart', and 'I'm Easy', by Keith Carradine from 1975's 'Nashville'. Cheers to the nominees this Sunday, and Hooray for Hollywood!
- '9 to 5' by Dolly Parton from the 1980 film '9 to 5'
- 'On the Road Again' by Willie Nelson from the 1980 film 'Honeysuckle Rose'
- 'How Do I Live' by Trisha Yearwood from the 1997 film 'Con Air'
- 'Travelin' Through' by Dolly Parton from the 2005 film 'Transamerica'
- 'The Weary Kind' by Jeff Bridges from the 2009 film 'Crazy Heart'
- 'Coming Home' by Gwyneth Paltrow from the 2010 film 'Country Strong'
- 'I'm Not Gonna Miss You' by Glen Campbell from the 2014 documentary 'Glen Campbell: I'll be Me'
- 'I'm Easy' by Keith Carradine from the 1975 film 'Nashville'