Debris Drop-Off Day for Lafayette Parish Residents Set for March 18
Lafayette Consolidated and Republic Services will be hosting a Debris Drop-Off Day on Saturday, March 18th.
This day gives Lafayette Parish residents the opportunity to dispose of unwanted items that aren't typically picked up curbside or that are too large to fit inside a garbage cart.
The Debris Drop-Off Day will be held on March 18th from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm at two Lafayette locations:
- Brown Park - 1234 E. Pont Des Mouton Road
- Robicheaux Recreation Center - 1919 Eraste Landry Road
Below are examples of some of the items that you can and cannot drop off:
- Wood, metal, home and lawn furniture, carpet and padding, car parts, and other construction debris, and up to five tires per person.
- Smaller waste, such as old clothes, toys, plant pots, and other items should be placed in a bag or box.
- Larger items such as old bicycles, barbeque pits, and steel mounting poles for basketball backboards will also be accepted.
- Automotive fluids
- Household chemicals
- Compressed gas cylinders
- Medical waste
- Gas-powered equipment
Debris Drop-Off Day is open to residents who live in the city of Lafayette and the unincorporated areas of Lafayette Parish. Proof of residency will be verified.
Residents will also need to assist with unloading items. Waste from business will not be accepted.
And here's something really cool if you drop off an old bicycle. Bike Lafayette, a non-profit cycling advocacy organization, will refurbish unwanted bikes and donate them to children and adults in need.
Residents can view a complete list of acceptable and unaccepted items at https://lafayettela.gov/public-works/debris-drop or by calling 337-291-8529.