Don’t Ever Put These Things In The Garbage Disposal
I have learned the hard way not to put certain items down the garbage disposal. Trust me, I don't want anyone else making the same mistake! With the help of Delish.com, here's a list of things to avoid putting down your disposal. And we mean never, unless you want major plumbing problems.
- Bones - they never fully get ground up, and they clog up the drain pipes
- Celery, Asparagus, Corn Husks and Silk - the strings get caught on the blades, and can even shut it down
- Coffee Grounds - if you want sludge in your drains, this is the way to do it
- Egg Shells - yes they can sharpen your blade, but the membrane can also wrap around it and shut it off. Controversial, we know
- Fruit Pits or Avocado Seeds - will trash your blade stat. Just say no.
- Grease or Oil - clogs up your pipes
- Pasta - continues to swell even after it's cooked., and will clog your drain up pretty fast
- Potato Peels - they never quite get cut up enough to drain through the pipes without a problem. Too slick!