First Ever Amazing Race of Acadiana to Benefit The Refinery Mission Set for September 21
On Saturday, September 21, 2019, Acadiana will host its first ever Amazing Race of Acadiana.
The adventure race is patterned after the hit CBS competition reality show and will benefit The Refinery Mission organization.
Just like the show, teams of two will perform challenges that are physical (kayaking, running, rock climbing), mental (puzzle solving, trivia, strategizing), and even silly (singing, dancing, eating contests), while being scattered all over Acadiana.
To participate, teams must fundraise in order to qualify for the race. The top 50 fundraising teams will compete Race Day in an effort to win their share of the $6,000 cash prize!
The Race will begin and end at Vermilionville in Lafayette.
Below is a rundown of what you need to know:
- Only teams of 2 can participate in the adventure race.
- Each team will sign-up/creating on page with a team name, picture, tagline and short bio.
- Entry Fee/Fundraising Minimum is $250 per team/$500 per corporate team.
- Only 1 corporate team per company/business.
- Each team must promote to others to fundraise to your team entry.
- ONLY the TOP 50 fundraising teams will gain entry and compete on Race Day.
- Team members must be 18 years of age or older and in good physical health to participate.
- All participants must sign a waiver of liability in order to participate.
- Registration is online, along with team fundraising and donations.