Fun Things to do in Louisiana This Weekend
Spring is finally here, and even though there are still a few things that won't go on as planned due to the pandemic, we are ready to get outside and enjoy our beautiful state this weekend. We can always find something to love, even if it means a short road trip.
Our wonderful Louisiana Department of Tourism always has great resources for whatever it is you want to experience in our state, and they have a fun list of things going on this weekend. I've added in a few of my own favorites as well, so get out and enjoy yourself this weekend, fellow Louisianians.
- Mountain Bike Trails grand opening, Saturday, April 17, Franklinton. The grand opening of 14 miles of mountain bike trails at Bogue Chitto State Park. Lots of recreational vendors, and free food and free admission for all ages. This was re-scheduled from last weekend. ++++UPDATE++++ Cancelled once again due to weather.
- 47th annual Arts and Crafts Festival, Melrose Plantation, Natchitoches, Saturday, April 17 and Sunday, April 18. Over 70 vendors from all over the south will set up on the grounds of one of Louisiana's most historic and unique antebellum homes. All proceeds benefit the upkeep of Melrose Plantation, which is a National Historic Landmark.
- Ville Platte Farmers Market, Friday, April 16 from 3:00 - 6:30. Head to the Louisiana Swamp Pop Museum for fresh produce, hand-made goods, and local arts and crafts. Bring your lawn chairs and hang out with your neighbors for the fun, sha
- Groovin' on the Grass, Red Stick Social in Baton Rouge, Friday, April 16 and Saturday, April 17. This family-friendly outdoor concert series happens every weekend in the mid-city neighborhood. Entertainment Friday is Cameron Dupuy, and Saturday features Bonerama
- Lockport Food Festival. Friday, April 16- Sunday, April 18. You know it's going to be good if there's Cajun and Creole dishes involved. Head to 710 Church Street for great local food and music throughout the weekend.
Only in Louisiana Experiences for Visitors