Guidelines Released for Opening Golf Courses in Lafayette Parish
At Friday's press conference, Lafayette Mayor-President Josh Guillory released the guidelines to re-opening golf courses in Lafayette Parish.
Municipal Golf Courses
- No groups of more than 4 golfers in the Golf Shop at any one time.
- It’s suggested that all golfers keep a minimum of 6 feet spacing between one another. Only the Golf Shop entrance door and the Main Clubhouse entrance doors will be available to enter the facility. All other access points will be locked and unavailable.
- There will be no seating available in the golf shop or outside until further notice.
- Touch points throughout the clubhouse and golf course will be kept to a minimum…all touch points, counter tops, entrance doors will be sanitized by the staff throughout each day.
- Snack Bar will remain closed until further notice.
- Golfers are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onto the golf course.
Golf Shop Check In:
- Golf Carts will be cleaned and sanitized after each round.
- Tee times will be moved to 10 minute increments to encourage additional spacing between groups of golfers on the course and for checking in for play.
- Golfers will be responsible for emptying their own trash, all personal items and their own golf clubs out of the golf cart after each round.
- No rental golf clubs are available.
- Walking is encouraged for all golfers.
- Golf Cart Usage…Each group will be limited to a maximum of 4 golf carts per group (one rider only per golf cart) to insure that golf carts are available for tee times throughout each day.
- Groups that have private golf carts must ensure that one rider only is allowed in each private golf cart.
- Flagsticks are to be left in the hole…please do not touch flag sticks.
- Please refrain from handshakes, high fives, etc. while playing and/or in the clubhouse.
- Golf lessons and tournaments will not be available until further notice.
- The following will be eliminated around the golf course: Water coolers, Ball washers, Bunker rakes, Sand bottle will be removed off of all golf carts
(Press release sent to KPEL News from Chief Communications Officer Jamie Angelle)