Lafayette Fire Crews Respond to Condo Fire
If you ever wonder about the dedication of Lafayette Firefighters you only have to look at events that happened yesterday in the Hub City. Fire crews were called to the scene of a fire reported at Camellia Condominiums. You might recall Hurricane Delta was bearing down on Lafayette at about the time this call to first responders was issued.
The good news in this particular incident is that no one was injured. Fire crews, after their arrival on the scene, noticed an electrical panel box was arching and smoking. The fire itself was contained to the area around the smoking electrical panel.
Fire investigators said, according to a report from KATC television, that at least four units in the condo complex would be without electrical services as a result of this malfunction. Fire investigators, according to the television station, did not know exactly how many residents were impacted by the blaze.