Lafayette Parish Schools Set to Release Plan for Student Return
The Lafayette Parish School System is set to release their plan for getting students back on campus and into the classrooms by the end of February/early March.
Sources within the school system are telling us that the following classifications will return to campus FULL TIME on the following dates:
- Monday, February 22: 6th and 9th Graders
- Thursday, February 25: 10th Graders
- Monday, March 1: 7th and 11th Graders
Some other measures to note:
- Busses are still 75% capacity and some are still running double routes
- No changes to having lunch in classroom
- No changes in school hours/bell schedules at this time
“Keeping health and safety a priority, we must also be mindful of the academic, social, and emotional impact of school closures on our students," says Superintendent Irma Trosclair. "While I respect the views of all stakeholders, the implementation of safety protocols has been effective and a return to daily instruction is the right decision at this time.”
Elementary students, as well as 8th and 12th Graders, have been going to class for face-to-face learning since February 1st.
LPSS says mitigation measures are still in place as well.
Lowering a Child’s Stress and Anxiety When Returning Back to School