Lay’s Unleashes 8 New Flavors Including Nod to Louisiana
The folks at Lay's Potato Chips are at it again. They're giving us some more wacky flavors.
This time it isn't weird flavors that their customers think they should make. Instead they've made the choices themselves.
Lay's just unveiled eight new flavors inspired by distinctive dishes that are popular in different parts of the country.
And they are as follows (with the region in parenthesis):
- Cajun Spice (Central Gulf)
- Chile Con Queso (Texoma, Mountain, SoCal)
- Chesapeake Bay Crab Spice (Mid-Atlantic)
- Deep Dish Pizza (Heartland & Mid-America)
- Fried Pickles with Ranch (Midwest)
- New England Lobster Roll (Northeast)
- Pimento Cheese (Southeast)
- Thai Sweet Chili (Pacific Northwest)
If you want to try any of these, you'll have to wait a little bit before you can get your hands on any of them. They won't officially hit shelves until late July.
Also, you'll only be able to get these regionally-inspired flavors in the respective market. You can, however, get any flavor shipped to you if you order online.
So it looks like we'll just be able to enjoy Cajun Spice around these parts.
Cajun Spice flavor is said to be inspired by dishes like jambalaya and blackened cajun chicken. The spices on these chips include a mix of garlic, paprika, onion and oregano. According to one taster, they said the spices are spot-on and the the chips taste deliciously "like a crawfish."