LCG Workers Grab Elderly Woman from Burning Home in Lafayette Fire
An elderly woman and her dog are safe today after Lafayette City Government workers helped her get away from her burning home on Friday.
Lafayette Firefighters say LCG employees working across the street noticed the smoke and the elderly lady at the front door of her home in the 300 block of Bellot Street. That's when they ran across the street to rescue her.
Fortunately, no injuries have been reported.
Investigators say the fire began in the kitchen on top of the stove after the occupant turned the burners on to heat the house, igniting a plastic container on top which caught other items on fire. This caused heavy fire damage in the kitchen and heavy smoke damage to the other parts of the home.
The fire was ruled an accident..