Local Coffee Shops in Destin – Here Are My Faves
It's no secret that I'm a big fan of the panhandle area of Florida. it's a quick getaway, and I manage to visit several times a year. One of the things I'm always trying to do is support the local businesses, just like I do when I'm at home. And it's especially vital when you're in a tourist town that relies on outside dollars to keep it going during the off season.
Some of my favorite destinations in the Destin area are for coffee, baked goods, and treats, like yogurt. When I was younger it was all about the bars, but not any more - haha!
I just wanted to pass these cute little local places along, in case you haven't been to any of them. Be sure to check them out!
- The Local Market - 950 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin. Open M-F from 7:00 am - 3:00 pm with a really great breakfast and lunch menu. And they have daily specials! My fave item is the Breakfast Taco
- 2 Bird's Coffee - 80 Seascape Dr., Miramar Beach. New to the scene, and they have a really great selection of specialty coffees, pastries, and sandwiches. I love their iced coffee with lavender syrup.
- Bad Ass Coffee - 1708 Scenic Gulf Dr., Miramar Beach. If you're getting iced coffee ask for the coffee ice cubes to put in your drink.
- Destination Little Donuts - Destin Commons. This tiny shop has amazing gourmet donuts, and several different kinds of coffee, including local roasters Amavida. I like them because they Veteran owned, and they make all the donuts right in front of you!
- Capriccio Cafe - 826 Hwy 98 E, near Gulf Shore Drive, Destin. Billed as Destin's 'Local Italian Cafe', they have an amazing selection of crepes, pastries, and really really good coffee drinks. And the bonus is that the owners are always there, with outstanding custom service.
- Camille's at Crystal Beach - 2931 Scenic Highway 98, Destin. Located at the Beachside Inn, Camille's has breakfast and lunch in the bottom half of the building, and a dinner restaurant on the top. Outdoor seating in an open air setting is a great way to have their delish coffee and pastries to start your day
- Amavida Coffee and Tea - 2236 E County Hwy 30A, Seaside. This place is right next to the open air shopping area in Seaside, and it's a welcome respite from the crowds on a summer day. Really nice variety of teas, and coffee that is roasted locally.
- 30A Songwriter Radio Music Coffee - 2078 US-98 #108, Santa Rosa Beach. This place is so cool. They have great specialty coffee drinks, and you might even catch one of Nashville's finest songwriters performing in the small spot next to Publix Grocery Store.
- Maple Street Biscuit Company - 9375 Emerald Coast Parkyway W., Miramar Beach. Try the Squawking Goat, which has been featured on the Food Network