Michael Jackson the Top-Earning Dead Celebrity
Michael Jackson has once again topped the list of "Top-Earning Dead Celebrities" with a cool $140 million raked in over the past year.
He has pretty much dominated the list since he passed in 2009. Actually, that year he finished second despite only being gone for four months. He placed second to designer Yves Saint Laurent who made $90 million posthumously.
Michael went on to top the list in 2010, 2011 and 2013. He briefly lost the title in 2012 to the recently-departed Elizabeth Taylor.
Here is the top 10 list from Forbes. (It's actually a top 13 list since there's a tie in there and, well, it is close to Halloween.)
- Michael Jackson - $140 million
- Elvis Presley - $55 million
- Charles Schulz - $40 million
- Elizabeth Taylor - $25 million
- Bob Marley - $20 million
- Marilyn Monroe - $17 million
- John Lennon - $12 million
- Albert Einstein - $11 million
- (four-way tie) Bruce Lee, Steve McQueen, Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel, Betty Page - $9 million
- James Dean - $7 million