My ‘Only in Louisiana’ Gift Basket for the Royal Wedding
America is about to have a real live princess, and we're kind of smitten! Actress Meghan Markle will wed Britain's Prince Harry at Windsor Castle in England on May 19th. So I was thinking, what 'Only in Louisiana' gifts would I like to send to the happy couple if I could? They look like really fun people, and up for just about anything, so my suggestions are below. And if they ever do grace the great state of Louisiana, I'm sure they would love these as much as we do. Congratulations!!
- A Turducken from Hebert's Specialty Meats in Maurice
- Handmade Frottoirs (Zydeco scrub board), Ti-feras (triangles), and accordians - all made in Acadiana
- A ride on the Krewe of Bacchus Mardi Gras float in New Orleans
- Gift certificate for boudin, cracklin', jambalaya and gumbo. Any specialty meat market in state can help out with these!
- An authentic Louisiana pirogue from Ron Chapman Shipwright Inc.
- A swamp tour in the Atchafalaya Basin
- A Cajun Microwave from Al Simon
- Cookbooks - from the Junior League of Lafayette 'Talk About Good', and the Junior League of Baton Rouge 'River Road Recipes'
- Handmade duck decoys and a Duck lease in Gueydan
- A fishing boat charter, leaving out of Grand Isle
- An overnight stay and tour of the most haunted house in America - The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville
- Gift basket of Community Coffee
- A king cake flavored wedding cake from Manny Randazzo's in New Orleans, or Meche's Donut King in Lafayette
- Season football tickets for UL Ragin Cajuns, LSU Tigers, and New Orleans Saints
- A painting by famed Acadiana artist George Rodrigue
- Music from Louisiana artists Harry Connick Jr., Tim McGraw, The Neville Brothers, and Grammy Award winning Zydeco artist Terrance Simien