Office Of Motor Vehicles to Resume Services Today
It was just about a week ago that a cyber assault on several State of Louisiana owned and operated computers and computer networks occurred. For the most part, that attack was handled in short order and it was back to business as usual. The big exception to that was the network and computers that are used to support Louisiana's Office of Motor Vehicles.
Offices of the OMV were closed as a result of that attack all last week. Well, after some extra efforts over the weekend officials have announced that Louisiana's Regional OMV locations will be open today. Those regional offices are located:
· Baton Rouge - 7701 Independence Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
· New Orleans - 100 Veterans Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70124
· Shreveport - 9310 Normandie Drive, Shreveport, LA 71118
· Lake Charles - 951 Main Street, Lake Charles, LA 70615
· Alexandria - 5602 Coliseum Boulevard, Alexandria, LA 71303
· Monroe - 5171 Northeast Road, Monroe, LA 71203
· Lafayette - 3241 N.W. Evangeline Thruway, Lafayette, LA 70507
· Thibodaux - 1424 Tiger Drive, Thibodaux, LA 70301
The OMV has also announced that Public Tag Agent offices will also be opened today. Those locations can assist with vehicle registration only at this time. Here's where you can see a list of those locations.
State officials encourage you to wait, if you can, on doing business with the OMV for the next few days while any other issues related to the cyberattack are being vetted. You're asked to be patient should you need to visit an OMV office over the next few days as well. Also, the LSP Fingerprinting and Background Check and Concealed Handgun Permit offices will not be open to the public at this time.