Two Men Arrested After Various Drug Raids in Iberia Parish Take Nearly $1 Million Worth Off Streets
Authorities in Iberia Parish - the Sheriff's Office and the New Iberia Police Department - are showing just how serious they are about getting drugs off the street of both the city and the parish. Recent arrests announced by both agencies on Monday highlight what officers and deputies are doing to clean the area up.
Narcisse was arrested and booked at the Iberia Parish Correctional Center on the following charges:
- LA RS 40:967-A1 Possession with Intent to Schedule II
- LA RS 40:1041 Transaction involving proceeds from drug offenses
- LA RS 32:71 Drive left of center
- LA RS 32:63. A Speeding
- LA RS 14:100 Hit and Run Driving
- LA RS 14:108 Resisting an Officer
- LA RS 40:982.3 Violation of Controlled Substance Law
- LA RS 40:982 Second or Subsequent Offenses
- LA RS 14:130.1 Obstruction of Justice
In the city of New Iberia itself, approximately 36 pounds of suspected Crystal Methamphetamine, $800,000.00 worth of seized drugs and $400,000.00 in assets were taken off the streets as New Iberia Police teamed up with the Drug Enforcement Administration to conduct an investigation of their own over the last several months. Agents were able to stop a vehicle they say was delivering illegal drugs to New Iberia. No names are being released at this time as the investigation is on going.
And, in a separate case, 40-year-old Lionel Hill, Jr. of New Iberia was arrested on Thursday night after police officers say he was distributing drugs from a vehicle at a local business. Officers arrested him in the 1200 block of East Admiral Doyle Drive and say they found suspected Crystal Methamphetamine (1 ounce) and Heroin (approximately 2 ounces) in his possession. Deputies also seized approximately $1,500 in assets.
Hill was booked into the Iberia Parish Jail on the following charges:
- Monies Derived from Drug Proceeds
- Second or Subsequent Offenses.
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Schedule I CDS
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Schedule II CDS