Two Opelousas Men Arrested For Drug & Weapons Charges
After complaints that two felons were seen in a car, Opelousas Police officer arrested two men in a car accused on brandishing weapons.
Major Mark Guidry explains via press release, that before 10 o'clock Friday night, a call came in that two men were seen with guns.
When they went to investigate, they says that one suspect, 30-year-old John Coleman, ran away from officers, but was caught about two blocks from the scene of the traffic stop which happened on East Laurent Street. Officers say Coleman had crack and ecstasy on him when caught.
Coleman was charged with the following:
- Resisting Arrest
- Being a Felon in Possession of a firearm
- Illegal Possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance
- Illegal carrying of a weapon
- Possession of schedule 1 narcotics
- Possession with intent to distribute schedule 1 narcotics
- Other outstanding warrants
The man behind the wheel of the car, 30-year-old Alphonzo Jason, was arrested for Illegal carrying of a weapon and Felon in possession of a firearm.