It's been a very hot summer here in Louisiana, and if we're being honest, temperatures will probably stay in the 90's for another couple of months. So, if you've grown up here, you pretty much know what you can leave in your car in the heat, and what you can't. I once had to pay for a VHS movie (back in the day) because it melted into my car upholstery when I was doing a live broadcast at Cajun Field. Ouch.

But did you know that the light that is being refracted through a water bottle in your vehicle can cause it to catch on fire? Unfortunately, one battery tech in Idaho found out the hard way. Watch below, and maybe don't leave those bottles on the front seat anymore!


More From 97.3 The Dawg