10 Most Popular Cars for Dads
Of course this Sunday is Father’s Day. Most of us will buy our old man something practical like a tie or cologne or boxers. But if you want to pony up some good coinage and be your dad’s new favorite kid, maybe a new ride is what you should purchase for him.
If you are rolling in the dough, our friends at TrueCar.com have compiled a list of the ten most popular cars for dads. Surprisingly, only three trucks make up the top 10.
1. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – Large truck
2. Honda Accord 4dr Sedan – Midsize car
3. Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan – Midsize car
4. Honda Odyssey 5dr – Minivan
5. Ford F-150 2WD SuperCab – Large truck
6. Honda Civic Sedan 4dr – Small car
7. Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan – Midsize car
8. Honda Pilot 2WD 4dr – Midsize SUV
9. Ram 1500 Pickup 2WD – Large truck
10. Toyota Sienna 5dr 8-pass – Minivan
When we’re single we want a Porsche. When we’re married we want something with good gas mileage and spill-proof seats!
The TrueCar.com survey is based on 2011 data received from fathers about the cars they drive.