5 Random Stats & Stories About Candy and Halloween
It’s random stat time. Check out these interesting tidbits about Halloween, candy and trick-or-treating.
- The average kid will haul in about 11,000 calories worth of candy! That’s the same as a week’s worth of caloric intake.
- More than half of parents say their kids have to share the candy they get trick-or-treating, either with siblings, parents, friends or all of the above. 78% of parents handle dividing it up.
- One in 10 people say their house has been pranked on Halloween. One in 200 say they’ve had to call the police because of something that happened on Halloween.
- A study of crime reports from 30 states between the years 1997 and 2005 have found that there’s no increased risk for children when it comes to predators on Halloween.
- Don’t want to eat your Halloween candy? Use it for art projects like this guy named Eric Millikin. He creates pictures of monsters out of the little bon bons. Check it out here.