Cajuns’ Baseball and Basketball Fans Parking Issues Addressed for This Weekend
This weekend, Louisiana Ragin’ Cajun baseball fans are ready to welcome the University of Alabama for a three game series at M. L. “Tigue” Moore Field Friday night and Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
And, the UL basketball team celebrates Senior Day Sunday afternoon against the University of South Alabama.
But it’s also Mardi Gras Weekend. And that means the fair is going on and parades will be rolling.
The University has announced some changes for this weekend that fans need to be aware of:
1. BASEBALL PARKING–Will be in what we would call the “tailgating area” for football. That is directly across from Tigue Moore Field and adjacent to Reinhardt Drive toward the track complex.
2. ENTRANCE TO THE CAJUN FIELD LOT–To make it easier for fans to park, those attending the baseball games are urged to enter Gate 1, which is the entrance at Bertrand and Reinhardt Drive, which is the entrance near the track stadium.
3. THE FAIR CHARGES A PARKING FEE–To avoid paying the parking fee, fans will be asked to show their game ticket when driving up to the entrance. Those who show their game ticket will be allowed to park in the area noted above at no charge. Fans wishing to attend the game who have not purchased tickets in advance will have to pay to park.
4. FANS WITHOUT SEASON TICKETS can purchase tickets for this weekend’s games at the Cajundome Ticket office during regular business hours.
5. TICKETS FOR THIS WEEKEND’S GAMES are going fast and a limited number are still available. Fans who don’t get tickets in advance not only will have to pay to park, they will also run the risk of not having tickets available.
6. FANS ARE URGED TO GET TO THE GAME EARLY–Traffic is bound to be heavy around Cajun Field and the baseball stadium. Fans who wait until just before the first pitch should expect delays. Go early…and don’t miss any action.
7. UL STUDENTS who show their school I. D. will be able to park at no charge in order to pick up their game day tickets. First come, first served, and a limited number are available.
7. BASKETBALL PARKING on Sunday will affect “D” level RCAF parking passes and general admission parking. Those fans with “D” level parking passes will be directed to the front of fraternity row. General admission free parking will be available at the Fair parking area for those fans with tickets. Again, fans planning to attend the game should get their tickets in advance to avoid extra fees.
Fans are urged to take note of these changes for this weekend. Questions should be addressed to Associate Athletics Director John Dugas at email@example.com.