Christmas Gifts That Teachers Don’t Want
'Tis the season to give gifts to the ones that mean the most to us, and that includes your child's teachers. But guess what? They don't all want perfume or cookies. Shocking, I know. Cafe Mom has a great list of things that real teachers have said 'Thank you, but no thank you' to at Christmas. And trust me, you really need to look at it. Disclaimer: this does not mean that every teacher in the history of the world hates these gifts. It's just a friendly guide, y'all!
Cheers, and Merry Christmas, y'all!
- Coffee or Tea - beverages aren't usually a good idea unless you know what kind, if any, that they like
- Bath and Body products - people are very sensitive to scents, so steer clear of things that might actually cause an unpleasant physical reaction
- Homemade treats - this seems to be the #1 thing that teachers really don't want, especially if you don't know them very well
- Coffee Mugs - they already have about 500 of these
- Pictures - they don't want pics of your kids hanging up in their home
- Anything that says 'Teacher' on it - the other 200 of these are in their basement in a box right now. They are over it
- Stuffed animals - they are adults, after all
- Candles - another thing that people are very sensitive to, and might actually be allergic to
- Clothes - no. Just no.
- Strong smelling lotions - same as bath and body products.
- Knick Knacks - especially anything with apples on it. They have a million already, and only so much room on their desks
- Cash - this could be taken as a bribe in some cases, just sayin'